Monday, January 25, 2010

Clickity Clack - You Will Be Missed




Heidi, my Mother's dog, passed away over the weekend.  She was an older girl, at least 15, and had a lot of health issues.  We were trying to keep her functioning for my Mother, but it finally got to be too much for the fuzzy dog.  She started having multiple seizures last week so I planned to bring her to the vet on Saturday for the procedure.  Friday night was awful as she was having bouts of breathing difficulties, but that helped my Mother understand that it truly was time to let her go. It was sad but she went very peacefully, surrounded by people who loved her.  Although my cats are no substitute for my Mother's best friend, it does help her to have them around.  After losing a pet, an empty house can be unbearable.  My Mother has been having more frequent conversations with the cats which is good for her.  In fact, one of them has agreed to pretend to be a dog.  And people think cats are all about themselves!  Good bye Heidi.  We'll think of your clickity clacking on the wood floor over and over and over and.....  You'll be missed.

2 comments:

  1. So sad. I'm sorry. I'm waiting for the post on the cat that agreed to pretend to be a dog. That may be a first in history. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Heidi. I'm sure your mom is missing her. And I agree, I wanna hear about the cat that agreed to pretend to be a dog! Cuz my cat definately will NOT do that! lol

    ReplyDelete